Saturday, February 23, 2008

Travel Tips

Equipment managed…it was two hours to find and unbury the dive equipment I needed. a bulldozer would have sped things up. The next hour and half was spent pulling the equipment checking it as well as making sure it fit. The next hour was packing and repacking trying to keep each bag at 70 lbs for the flight … not an easy thing when you are packing 40 lbs of soft weights…..The soft weights were part of the integrated BC I would be using.

Finally called the tour lead and found out we could leave the weights and use hard weights in the BC pockets one bag at 42 lbs and one at 53 I was all set for the plane ride.

Planes - trains – and automobiles, ride to SFO was shaky so I decided to catch the local train out of Merced. It would take me to Stockton where I would transfer to a bus for the ride to the Bart station in Dublin-Pleasanton. From there it is a 1hr plus BART ride to the International Terminal at SFO. Had it all worked out…or so I thought.

Next I have arrived....

My brother lent me a jeep to go to the train station his wife will pick it up later in the parking lot. Went into get my tickets…did you know they want you to have reservations? Got my ticket to ride…. Was going to check my two bags…first one was t3 lbs overweight so I had to carry both onto the train with me. So much for customer service…no wonder train ridership is down.

1 comment:

Shera said...

okay.....so where's the pictures? We know you are there now. LOL