Monday, February 18, 2008

Going Diving

Well this is the start of my own personal blog to bloviate and reminisce my upcoming diving adventure.

Three nights ago my brother called and asked if I would be interested in a trip to Puerto Galera on the Isle of Mindoro in the Phillipines. A 10 day vacation fun in the sun adventure with a gaurrantee of 4 boat dives a day. He had booked the trip in December but neck surgery this week pretty much cancelled any opportunity on his part to enjoy the trip.

Of course being a teacher for a Catholic School, I was in no position to pay for such a trip when he offered to have me pay for it over the coarse of 50 months...What a brother it has turned out I have.

I of course accepted and immediatly asked if the school could do with out me for the 12 day period of time. Being a great boss and principal I was told that if I could make arrangements for my classroom it was a go.

Now my substitue is a member of the falculty and I was sure he would be ok with covering for me...just to be sure I offered a bottle of his favorite drink... Scotch ..Chevas was the payoff and the trip is all set.

Well I just happen to have a passport, no entries but it was available just in case...guess what

Needed to find my open water certificate..have'nt got a clue as to where that went so I paid for a new card and got a 90 day temp certificate to cover the trip.

I will spend the next 14 days tracking my adventure for all who care to follow me on my travels. The next two days I need to clean up loose ends at work and make ready for the packing details for the trip and stay.

I plan on posting details and hopefully pics as things progress, hopefully anyone bored enough to search this blog will be entertained as well as the students and teachers at the school who wish to track my adventures...

Well enough of the introduction I will return with post flight pre checks and overseas travel info

First stop will be California to hook up with family and get gear from my brother then its off from San Francisco to East Asia

Hasta la Vista for now

"D"

1 comment:

Shera said...

Can't wait to see what you get to do.

Love,

Sheila :)